Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pictorialism Project 2014

This year in photo editing class the pictorialism project is the first assignment. I am working on a Photo I took in the Bradbury building. A lot of movies have been filmed there and some people call  it the Blade Runner Building. The instructor looked at ou preliminary results and thinks I should add more gold color to the gradient mapping step so the image will look like an orotone print.
































Here is the original image.

































I used this image to copy what was behind the person.


























 
Here is the orotone version of the project.

Yesterday I watched Scorcese's film The Age of Innocence (1993). I was impressed by his use of color in the interior scenes in the mansions of New York during the Gilded Age and early twentieth century. I wanted to see if I could create something similar. I turned off the gradient mapping layer and this is what I got.




This morning I was watching parts of the film noir D.O.A and the television episode of the Outer Limits episode Demon with a Glass Hand (1964), which were shot in the Bradbury Building. I wanted to see if I could create the low key lighting style. Here is what I did later this morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment