Saturday, September 12, 2009

POSTERS



I really like making posters. These two were made for previous classes I took at St. Louis Community College, which I'll just call in future posts Meramec. That's the name of the campus, named after the Meramec river which is nearby. The Cuban poster was made in Adobe Illustrator The assignment was to make a protest poster. I got the idea when I heared the news that Fidel Castro was turning power over to his brother. The concert poster was done in Photoshop. Trio Globo was here last spring and our class made posters for the event. One of the posters was used in the school newspaper but it wasn't mine. It was the first time I used Helvetica. Now I use it ad nauseam. Sizing and moving the graphic layers around the page is my favorite part of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment